January 9, 2009

Ten in Tennessee

Well...I've officially been a Tennesseean for 10 days now.  Wooh!!  I'm enjoying myself.  I have 2 wonderful roommates (Ashley & Bethany), we live in a great part of town (10 minutes from downtown Nashville), and the sun shines here (no offense, Portlanders).  I am currently infatuated with the opportunity to listen to live music every day of the week, if I so desired (and believe me...I do so desire!!)  and I've already met some wonderful people who have shown me ridiculous amounts of kindness, helping curb the "sickness" I feel for my forever Home (Portland, OR) and my dear friends who I miss terribly.

I don't have a typical day yet.  I've mostly been gettin' all my stuff switched over to Tennessee (address, residency, bank, etc), getting to know my roommates, exploring the area & tryin' to find a jobby-job.  I look forward to building relationships, getting plugged in to the music world and seeing what opportunities exist for me to sing for the glory of God.  Every day is an Adventure!!  Sincerely!

Hey...I had a funny experience after church last Sunday.  I met up with a new friend at the Mall, and as we were talking, he spotted Robert Plant (lead singer of Led Zeppelin).  I immediately called my pastor from Portland (who is a die-hard fan) to tell him the great news...and then promptly approached Mr. Plant to ask for a photo.  Because of my behavior, I have now been tagged as a "tourist."  I have no shame ;)


Robert Plant & Amber Dawn


So...if I were to sum up these past 10 days in 3 words, it would be:
God is Good.

He is such a good Dad.  I catch myself thanking Him frequently for taking such good care of me in this transition.  He has been gracious and tender towards me, taking care of all my needs, like a Daddy takes care of His little girl.  I feel secure & cared for.
for those of you Bible Study Methods students, the repeated word in the text is "care".  Hmm...seems the author is trying to relay an important message about God's CAREacter ;)

As each day comes & goes, I see the LORD's hand in the smallest details.  It's fun to watch for it because it comes, like clockwork, every single day.  And I see very clearly how the LORD has prepared me for this.  It's exciting...and I thank Him.

My prayer this week (thanks to Tim Hughes) has been:
"LORD, will You be my Vision?  LORD, will You be my Guide?  Be my Hope, be my Light, and The Way?"

He has been...and He will continue to be.  God is faithful.  I love Him...and I trust Him.

Thanks for joining me on the Journey!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CAREacter? Really? (sigh)

This is wonderful to read, Amber! What an honor it is to bear witness to your story of faith as you live fully and pursue these dreams for His glory. Hooray, hooray!

Dave said...

Wow. Robert Plant?! Way to go, Amber!

As a side note... I've often wondered if Led Zeppelin would have been even better had they been an instrumental-only band (I never much cared for Plant's voice). That said, the "coolness" of your encounter is, by no mean, diminished.

Rock and roll, Amber, rock and roll!

sarah said...

Glad to hear you are safe, happy and feeling positive and confident about your journey. You have such a bright and beautiful light - I'm pretty sure all of Nashville has their shades on.

jesserae said...

I love that you are a shameless Tenn tourist...I always say that you have to embrace the cheesy tourist from within.
love you friend...I check your blog regularly (no pressure ;)

Anonymous said...

I love you. I kind of teared up a bit. Maybe it's because I'm listening to your EP and reading about what's going on with you. Ha! Oh but I miss you Amber Dawn. Oh but I miss you.