February 9, 2009

A Month in Music City

February 5th marked my Month-iversary in Nashville!  So...I thought I'd fill ya in on the happenin's since I’ve been here and a few of my “favorites” thus far.

FIVE FAVORITES:

1.
  Making new friends = drinking lots of coffee.  Yes, please.
2.
  Opportunities to listen to live music every night of the week.
3.
  S-U-N-S-H-I-N-E (let’s not talk about the humidity that’s comin’, ok? Ok.)
4.
  Sittin’ on the front porch, readin’ with my roomies.
5.  Wal*Mart SuperCenter. Target SuperCenter. Anything SuperCenter.

As far as the “happenin’s”...I've been lookin’ for a church, a job, friends, and opportunities to use my gifts. And as you know, I met Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin a few weeks ago, so...we’re pretty tight now. Ah-hem ;) Aaaand...a couple weeks ago, I got a wonderful opportunity to do a voiceover for LifeWay, which is one of the largest Christian resources distributors in the
world! It was a project for children’s Sunday school material...SO fun!! I got to unleash “Dramatic Amber” (hey...I know what some of you are thinking right now...so you should watch your back!!) I really enjoyed working with Tim (the engineer/producer) who primarily does music projects. I gave him my demo (and he liked it!) so I hope I can work with him in the future doing BGV’s (background vocals) on projects that come his way. We shall see! Aaaaaaaand...the final exciting thing I’m gonna tell you is that I had a job interview at Dave Ramsey last week! www.daveramsey.com Regardless of whether or not I get the job, it was an honor to be invited to come for an interview. It was Dave’s “7 Baby Steps” that got me out of debt, ya know. Yeah! :)

Other than that, I've been fightin' the Homesickness Bug…and from what I hear, it’s just gonna take some time before I really start to feel better. But the LORD is so kind to encourage my lil’ heart when I feel discouraged (2 Cor. 7:6) and by His grace, I see myself depending on Him more & more in this new season of life. I've been listening to a lot of sermons online (props to Pastor Jeff Olson @ Coram Deo Fellowship in Gresham, OR 
http://www.coramdeofellowship.com/) God has been convicting me of the importance of the Bible...that I need to keep my eyes in it and my heart teachable & willing to obey its truths. If I don’t, it’s a perfect recipe for discouragement, distraction and depression. But
 by His grace, He's kept my heart close to His. I’ve been praying that God would give me a new love for the Word...and He is faithfully answering that prayer! Thank You, Jesus!

I love the LORD! He is a good Papa, an intimate Friend, a wonderful, merciful Savior, and the King of the World!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

sounds like you got a lot going on, little lady! I am so excited for you. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I love hearing about your adventures!!

just me said...

You're doing awesome, Amber! God's got you where He wants you... and now you get to REST in His TIMING!

Andrea's Adventures said...

drinking lots of coffee and having great conversations is one of your signiture moves!

BK said...

what--led zep?? i missed something!! if you're homesick i'm nashville sick--you're sitting on the porch and pdx just had snow on march 9th. CRAZY!! wish i could sit on the porch, read, have coffee and talk with you all at once! miss you sister!!